Home > Curriculum >
Homework Guidance for Parents
Homework is an important part of learning for Eckington School students.
Homework is set at Eckington School in order to:
- encourage students to develop the skills, confidence, motivation and self-discipline needed to study effectively as independent and lifelong learners;
- consolidate, reinforce and extend what students know, understand and can do at school;
- extend school learning: not all learning takes place at school;
- involve parents and carers in students’ learning and keep them informed about what students are doing at school.
Homework activities might include the following:
- short or long answer questions or pieces of writing;
- learning key vocabulary;
- exam questions;
- skill checks;
- learning/preparing for the next lesson;
- active revision.
Students may expect to receive two or three pieces of homework per night and on those nights when less is set students should be encouraged to engage in reading, research etc.
Please download our homework guide for parents – see below.